The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update cPanel (upcp) hangs and never finishes - No Errors shown though

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nathan D., Jan 11, 2009.

1. Nathan D.

Nathan D. Well-Known Member

My WHM update config is set to CURRENT versions. Since changing the update config, I've attempted to run upcp via WHM. It runs and gets stuck on:

Updating FTP Server...Ftp Setup Script Version 6.1

So I killed the upcp processes after noticing that it hung on the above process for over 30 minutes and tried to run a force with upcp in WHM but still hangs.

I killed the upcp processes again and this time run it in SSH as root without force at first but it hangs in the same place. I killed the processes and tried again via SSH with --force and I left it for 8 hours! Still no change.

What could be causing this hang up. It shouldn't take anywhere near 8 hours to update. Please advise.

Thanks in advance,

Current Configuration:
    cPanel 11.24.4-R32603 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    CENTOS 5.2 x86_64 on standard

2. Nathan D.

Nathan D. Well-Known Member

Nevermind. I found that the ftpup was still running. But, it most have gotten stuck originally when trying to run the first update via WHM. It may have hung up due to my other problem involving WHM and Firefox: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=104029

Just to clarify for anyone else that runs into this, I killed ftpup but also just to be sure nothing else was running that I may have missed, I rebooted my server and when it came back up, ran upcp directly from the shell rather than trying to run it in WHM.