The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update CPanel using SSH problem!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by isputra, Aug 31, 2005.

1. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

cPanel Update (upcp) is already running. Please wait for the previous upcp to complete, or kill off all upcp processes and try again. You may wish to use '--force' at /scripts/upcp line 48
    --------------------------------------------------------------

That's i have when i use /script/upcp

I want to update my cpanel to R133.

I notice that on my email with subject Cron <root@myaserver> /scripts/upcp, i received that message too.

I already search the forum but it seems that no one have this problem. Is it true that if i want to update cpanel now i must user /scripts/upcp --force not the regular /scripts/upcp ?

Thanks

2. Zaf

Zaf Well-Known Member

I always thought one would have to use /scripts/upcp --force to force a re-install or force an update if the current installation is already the updated as per the option set at 'Config Update' in 'Server Setup'. IMO you should also check that as 'Manual Updates only (Current Tree)' or 'Manual Updates only (Bleeding Edge Tree)' as per your preference and then try '/scripts/upcp --force'. Has previously worked for me, should hopefully work for you too...:).
    I personally use 'Manual Update only (Release Tree)' for myself....but thats me.

3. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

Yes, i always use Manual Updates only.

I have this problem after update cpanel to Current version.
    Never have this problem before, because i always use Manul update only and using SSH to update.

4. Zaf

Zaf Well-Known Member

I think then you should use /scripts/upcp --force to refresh your installation