koke28

Registered
Oct 27, 2019
Viña del mar
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hello;

Some time ago I am using a Vps to manage my hosting accounts together with WHM and Cpanel, well, I would like to update to the latest version of Cpanel but I have some questions before and I hope someone can guide me.

1.- Is there any risk when updating?
2.- Is it necessary to create a full backup?
3.- Can errors occur after updating?
4.- Is there a point of restoration?

I very much appreciate your answers and guidance on this and if you have any other suggestions it would be great to present it.

Greetings to all

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

1.- Is there any risk when updating?
Any change involves a certain level of risk and anyone that would tell you that there is 0 risk to making modifications would not be telling the truth. I can say depending on the version of cPanel your on, most updates are completed fairly easily.

2.- Is it necessary to create a full backup?
It's not necessary to create a full backup but it's always recommended to keep a good working backup

3.- Can errors occur after updating?
Occasionally, there are errors that can occur after updating - as I mentioned previously there is always a risk depending on customizations and configuration. We're always more than happy to assist though and in the event there is an issue you're more than welcome to open a new thread here or if you need immediate assistance, you can always submit a ticket.

4.- Is there a point of restoration?
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this, but we don't support rolling back versions. You can restore your data but not cPanel/WHM itself.