Update from 11.38.2.12 to 11.40.0.1x reset the default Feature Manager / Feature List to show all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metro2

May 24, 2006
USA
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I hope I'm reporting this in the right section of the forum. I chose "Security" since giving certain powerful controls to end users is a security issue IMO.

Has anyone else noticed this *possible* bug?

For many years I've had my default "Feature List" in WHM > Packages > Feature Manager set to exclude a number of things that I don't want clients accessing such as "Agora Shopping Cart" , "Advanced Guestbook" , "JavaClock" etc... but MOST importantly - the "Password Reset" option.

But yesterday when my servers updated from 11.38 to 11.4 WHM re-enabled ALL features in WHM > Packages > Feature Manager > Default on all my servers and now I have to go through and manually uncheck / disable all of the user cPanel features that I had previously unchecked / disabled for years.

I have always had my WHM > Server Configuration > Update Preferences set to "RELEASE" tier with "Automatic" selected for all 3 options.

Was this default Feature List reset intentional or an oversight?

Perhaps it was already reported here somewhere but I just did several searches and haven't been able to find it reported anywhere else.

I'd really like to know if this happened to anyone else and/or if it was announced somewhere that this would happen.

Many thanks for any responses!

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Re: Update from 11.38.2.12 to 11.40.0.1x reset the default Feature Manager / Feature List to show al

Hello :)

I have not seen any other reports of this happening. Please submit this as a bug report so we can attempt to reproduce the issue:

Submit A Bug Report

You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

dxisto

Registered
Nov 28, 2007
Re: Update from 11.38.2.12 to 11.40.0.1x reset the default Feature Manager / Feature List to show al

I have 6 WHM / cPanel servers here.
I also had this issue in all of them.
When updated to 11.40 My Default Feature List gets all options checked.

Status
Not open for further replies.