Update RPM Package Installer in whm? How?

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
Somebody know how I can update RPM Package Installer (force update) in WHM???
I have big problem, I can`t install RPM from WHM, when I click Install RPM and select ImageMagick WHM don`t want install, ONLY DELETE IMAGE MAGICK from list RPMs...
This is big problem for me...something is not good with rpm.

My OS is CentOS 3.4

Also, I have two box with cPanel and I see some difference between "RPM Package Installers" in one box (who work without problems) I have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)" but in box #2 I don`t have that, something is not good...

I hope that somebody have solution...

Thanks.

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
Now in /var/log in file rpmpkgs I saw this:

error: cannot open Packages database in /var/lib/rpm
error: cannot open Packages index using db3 - (-30982)
error: db4 error(-30982) from dbenv->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
no packages
rpmdb: fatal region error detected; run recovery

What now, this is problem, how I can fix this?

When I use:
rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
rpm -vv --rebuilddb

all look fine ( no errors) but don`t want work, I can`t find what can be problem...

haze

Dec 21, 2001
What version of cpanel and what build, whats uname -r and cat /etc/*release* print and does the package manager work from command ?

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
WHM 10.0.0 cPanel 10.1.0-R30

2.4.21-27.0.1.ELsmp

# cat /etc/*release*
LSB_VERSION="1.3"
CentOS release 3.4 (final)

Hm, from command, I try to delete ImageMagick installation
rpm -e ImageMagick

and that work, Image magick come back on list in WHM and I again click to install Image Magick from WHM and I think that WHM (RPM Package Installer) install ImageMagick but I don`t know why delete them from LIST RPMs, also, why in this WHM I don`t have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)"....

Write some command if you want and I`ll check result...

Thanks.

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
Now I again check file /var/log/rpmpkgs and now I have list of RPMs in that file:

4Suite-0.11.1-14.i386.rpm
ElectricFence-2.2.2-15.i386.rpm
GConf2-2.2.1-4.i386.rpm
MAKEDEV-3.3.12.3-1.centos.0.i386.rpm
MyODBC-2.50.39-12.i386.rpm
MySQL-bench-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-client-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-devel-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-embedded-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-python-0.9.1-6.i386.rpm
MySQL-server-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
MySQL-shared-compat-4.0.24-0.i386.rpm
ORBit2-2.6.2-1.i386.rpm
Omni-0.7.2-4.i386.rpm
Omni-foomatic-0.7.2-4.i386.rpm
PyXML-0.7.1-9.i386.rpm
SysVinit-2.85-4.2.i386.rpm
etc.

No more error message...but same thing in WHM RPM Package Installer, don`t have options like in WHM for other my server...and also when I install some RPM, delete that RPM from list, don`t change listing to "rpm name (reinstall)"...

Is this something between CentOS and WHM? On my server #1 I have RedHat 9 and work fine...

thanks

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
I have attached images on who you can see what I write here:

1.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #2, on this image you can see ImageMagick on list and also you can see that I don`t have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)" options...

2.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #1, here you can see how look when I have ImageMagick installed on this server and also you can see that I have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)" options...

3.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #2, this is how look after ImageMagick installation, no more ImageMagick on list!!

I think that this is problem in CentOS/cPanel relationship, don`t like RH9/cPanel relationship, somebody here use CentOS, how this look on your box?

Thanks.

Sorry if my english very poor :(

Attachments

Harryhood

Jun 3, 2003
Gamehenge
x-man said:
I have attached images on who you can see what I write here:

1.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #2, on this image you can see ImageMagick on list and also you can see that I don`t have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)" options...

2.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #1, here you can see how look when I have ImageMagick installed on this server and also you can see that I have "Ignore Dependicies" and "Force Install (required if reinstalling a package)" options...

3.gif = RPM Package Installer from server #2, this is how look after ImageMagick installation, no more ImageMagick on list!!

I think that this is problem in CentOS/cPanel relationship, don`t like RH9/cPanel relationship, somebody here use CentOS, how this look on your box?

Thanks.

Sorry if my english very poor :(
That is the same for me. I figured it has something to do with the difference between Centos using yum and redhat using up2date. Where up2date has a "force" options and yum does not.

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
Nice, that is not only on my server...I hope that somebody from cPanel can write here something for that, what/why is this differenet between CentOS/RH9....

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
Harryhood has dicovered and explained the difference and reason for you.

Ultimately, you're going to have to learn how to use the OS update tools from shell.

x-man

Jan 25, 2004
Ok, thanks.

But can you tell to me why WHM don`t want list RPM when I install that RPM like Image Magick, I test it and I see that WHM install image magick (work fine) but also delete from list, that is because I can`t reinstall that RPM or...? That is because I use CentOS/YUM?

Thanks.