Update to a supported higher version of PHP

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello,

I have cPanel&WHM version 82.0.19. My system PHP version is 5.6 (ea-php56) which is EOL version.
I have a message "Warning: Your system’s PHP version has reached EOL. We recommend that you update to a supported version of PHP. "

How can I do upgrade to higher version of PHP? Is there any risk to my users on cPanel?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @Elizabeta

You can update PHP for your users by going to WHM>>Software>>MulitiPHP Manager and selecting a PHP version above 7.0. If you do not have other PHP versions installed you can do so by going to WHM>>Software>>Easyapache 4, select your profile and select customize.

Unfortunately, I cannot tell you if your users will experience issues with this if they're running a CMS like Wordpress they should have no issues. The only time users run into issues is when they're using old out of date scripts.

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Lauren,

Thank you for your mail. I have been offered only this.

1575376839675.png

I don´t have option for php above 7.0. When I upgraded to this version, I have again Warning for EOL.

Best regards,
Elizabeta

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello @Elizabeta

As I mentioned before, if you don't have a newer version of PHP installed you can go to WHM>>Software>>EasyApache 4 and install newer versions

That warning will not go away until you're using a non-end of life version of PHP

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello Lauren,

Thank you for your answer.
When I go to WHM>>Software>>EasyApache 4 I see many profiles.
I see my profile, Contains Apache 2.4, PHP 5.5, PHP 5.6, and PHP 7.0 and installed packages on server
1576066813198.png
1576066889633.png

When I see profile that contains Apache 2.4, PHP 7.1, PHP 7.2, and PHP 7.3 and all packages

1576067058869.png

Additional Packages only apr, apr-util . Now we have many more Additional packages with php5, php6, php7 now.. When I install new php profile, what will be with previously installed packages on server?

Best regards,
Elizabeta

quietFinn

Feb 4, 2006
Finland
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
@Elizabeta
when you want to add another PHP version you don't need to use or create another profile. Just click the "Customize" button and it opens the current profile, then click "PHP Versions" and enable the PHP version you want to add. You will be asked if you want to include the same extensions you have in other PHP versions. Answer yes and then click "Review". You see what will be installed, and then click "Provision".
You can always go back to EasyApache and add or remove PHP Extensions as needed.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
I mentioned this previously as well:
You can update PHP for your users by going to WHM>>Software>>MulitiPHP Manager and selecting a PHP version above 7.0. If you do not have other PHP versions installed you can do so by going to WHM>>Software>>Easyapache 4, select your profile and select customize.
It looks like you're selecting View all Packages instead of Customize on your current profile.

Elizabeta

Mar 21, 2018
Mostar
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I mentioned this previously as well:

It looks like you're selecting View all Packages instead of Customize on your current profile.
Hello,

Yes, you answered me before, thank you.
I have one more question, If I choose to add another PHP version, will i have the older php versions also?

Best regards,
Elizabeta