The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update Tomcat 5.5.35

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jmaldonado, Oct 3, 2012.

1. jmaldonado

jmaldonado Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone.

I have a server with WHM / cPanel version 11.32.5, I installed tomcat but when testing my application it gives me error and not working.

I reinstalled my application in a virtual machine on my workstation and the application works perfectly.

The difference I have found is that the version of Tomcat on cPanel server is 5.5.35, while the version of Tomcat in the virtual machine is 7.

There is a way to update the Tomcat, JDK and JRE on the server with WHM without affecting WHM cPanel functionality or I need to update the WHM?

What should I do?

Thank you so much!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. WebScHoLaR

WebScHoLaR Well-Known Member

cPanel doesn't support Tomcat 7 at this time. Tomcat 5.5.35 is a latest version of Tomcat supported by cPanel. If your application needs Tomcat 7 you may need to install Tomcat & manually.

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If you would like to lend support to Tomcat 7 being included with EasyApache rather than Tomcat 5.5, please consider posting to this forum thread:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f145/apache-tomcat-7-support-case-2685-a-199141.html

The only way I am aware currently to update and, it wouldn't be supported in our support ticket system, would be the following guide:

Linux Notes: Installing Tomcat 7 on a cPanel Server

Please use at your own risk, since again this is unsupported territory and we cannot troubleshoot issues caused by using Tomcat 7 instead of the version we provide.

Thanks!