cPanel & WHM Version
v86.0.18

conselduser

Registered
May 1, 2020
Brasil - São Paulo
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello guys, I received an email alert about the WHM & Cpanel 88 update. On the WHM page itself, I was already alerting the CentOS7 migration for a while.

I have the current version v86.0.18 even I will receive update version v88 and support will go on November 20, 2020.

Reason for the Covid-19 pandemic I have a problem in the country of origin Brazil and the price of the dollar is very high. I intend to purchase a new Server in November even before I believe that Dolár will be back stable.

If you receive at least security updates Cpane will help.
Could you please pass on more information?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

cPanel & WHM version 86 is supported through March, 2021. It will receive bug and security fixes during that time.

verdon

Nov 1, 2003
Northern Ontario, Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Having received an update block message this morning, as my centOS 6 / cPanel 86.0.21.x server attempted an automatic update, does that mean I have to change my Update Preferences from Release to Stable (or something else) to get bug and security fixes?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Having received an update block message this morning, as my centOS 6 / cPanel 86.0.21.x server attempted an automatic update, does that mean I have to change my Update Preferences from Release to Stable (or something else) to get bug and security fixes?
cPanel & WHM v86 is the new LTS version. So if you change your tier to LTS you'll receive updates to the LTS version of cPanel & WHM until next year or until you update to a supported OS either CloudLInux 6 or CentOS 7 (CentOS 8 upcoming)

Reactions: verdon