The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated Apache, PHP now broke.

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by TogaDave, Jul 30, 2003.

1. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

I have the latest Stable version of WHM installed and today it told me to update Apache for security purposes. I used the link on the left frame of the page that says "Update Apache", I left all the default check marks in place, and added the following check marked items:

Curl
    Curl SSL
    GD
    phpSuEXEC

Now everything that uses PHP on my server is non-functional, and I'm not sure what to do. I have attached a screenshot from part of the update that I believe is relevant.

If anyone out there can give me some advice I'd be really grateful. I'm posting here before opening a trouble ticket with cPanel, in hopes that someone here has already been through this and can just guide me as to what I should do.

Thanks very much in advance!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Attached Files:

2. TogaDave

TogaDave Well-Known Member

My upstream host helped me resolve this, and I thought I should share the information in case anyone else runs into this problem.

We have a theory that one of two things happened,

either:

A) The update timed out while I was running it. (I think this is probably what happened, because I never got any kind of "updating done" message, and the screen just halted at one point in what appeared to me to be an updarte of a PHP feature).

or

B) When I ran the update, I had the phpSuEXEC option selected, and when my upstream host ran it they did not. So, we're guessing there's a slight possibility that this had something to do with it.

But somehow I feel it comes down to just a silly mistake somewhere on my part, and I'm glad I waited before submitting a trouble ticket.

3. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Y'know, since I ran /scripts/easyapache, I can't run my WHNBilling anymore, I can't see cookie-based info on websites and can't even see some CGI scripts...

This new easyapache is really weird. It's totally messed up my last 2 machines.

I use ionCube encoder, which is supposed to be 100% compatible with Zend optimizer and when I load the librairies into the "NEW" php.ini, Apache won't restart. Remove the line, it works.

I asked ionCube, and they are baffled and are checking my machine out now. :P

Woe is me...

4. Archaic

Archaic Registered

I've experienced this exact same problem. While I have no problem updating Apache with scripts/easyapache, the Update Apache option in the WHM seems to just mess with the server, regardless of which options I check or uncheck. Apache/httpd just refuses to restart until I use scripts/easyapache to rebuild it again.

Oddly enough though....I've got that same error you pasted above even when I used scripts/easyapache

EDIT: And now, even after I've rebuilt it, it still won't restart. -_-;;

#4 Archaic, Jul 31, 2003
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2003
  5. NetX

NetX Well-Known Member

Same here

I have the same problem. After update Apache to 1.3.28, Modern Bill does not work. I get this message:

Fatal error: The ionCube Loader is only compatible with either the PHP Accelerator, Zend Optimizer or Zend Accelerator. Please contact support@ioncube.com if you require assistance. in Unknown on line 0

---------------

Zend optimizer is installed on my server.

Your help will be appreciated.

6. NetX

NetX Well-Known Member

I have fixed the problem. I updated MB to a new Build (basen on Zend) and now all works fine ;)

7. ahwheelock

ahwheelock Well-Known Member

I've experienced this on two servers (so far) and had to call in the big guns at the NOC to help resolve.

First time, the theory was that it was the loadmodule order. But I was careful to have that be in the proper order the second time and STILL PHP became non-functional.

In both of these cases, we had used the WHM interface. We've had far less problems using the /scripts/easyapache in the past...and for #3.....probably will go back to that.