Updated kernel & rebooted server after won't back

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hi,

I have updated kernel version: 3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64 from CentOS 7.4 then they don't come back my VPS Server. I'm trying to restart my VPS won't be back.
Any issue there? I did receive from WHM/cPanel - New security advisor high importance.

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello @Samet Chan

My assumption is that you received a Security Advisor notice indicating that you had a new kernel that needed to be installed. Why your server didn't come back from reboot though is not something we can provide an answer for. This would be best investigated with your system administrator or hosting provider. If your provider cannot assist you or you don't have a system administrator you might find one here: System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thanks!

Samet Chan

Jun 24, 2016
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello @Samet Chan

My assumption is that you received a Security Advisor notice indicating that you had a new kernel that needed to be installed. Why your server didn't come back from reboot though is not something we can provide an answer for. This would be best investigated with your system administrator or hosting provider. If your provider cannot assist you or you don't have a system administrator you might find one here: System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thanks!
I had fixed rollback to old kernel version works now. Using from VNC connection. Latest kernel was fault couldn't reboot server issue.