Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Updated kernel & rebooted server after won't back

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Samet Chan, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Samet Chan

Samet Chan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I have updated kernel version: 3.10.0-862.11.6.el7.x86_64 from CentOS 7.4 then they don't come back my VPS Server. I'm trying to restart my VPS won't be back.
    Any issue there? I did receive from WHM/cPanel - New security advisor high importance.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @Samet Chan

My assumption is that you received a Security Advisor notice indicating that you had a new kernel that needed to be installed. Why your server didn't come back from reboot though is not something we can provide an answer for. This would be best investigated with your system administrator or hosting provider. If your provider cannot assist you or you don't have a system administrator you might find one here: System Administration Services | cPanel Forums

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Samet Chan

Samet Chan Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I had fixed rollback to old kernel version works now. Using from VNC connection. Latest kernel was fault couldn't reboot server issue.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @Samet Chan

I'm glad to hear you got the issue resolved, though I do believe you'll need to do some further investigation to determine why the issue occurred, eventually you'll need to update the kernel in the server rather than remain on the older version.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...