The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updated to 1.0.11 EDGE.. then came back to CURRENT, and skin errors!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rampinelli, Jan 25, 2007.

1. rampinelli

rampinelli Member

Hello,
    last week i wanted to try the EDGE release, so I updated my cpanel/whm to 1.0.11.
    I also did the x3 skin migration wizard...

Today in the changelog i saw that there was a new CURRENT release, so I downgraded to that.

Now cpanel looks weird because even If i changed all the accounts to use the skin "x" again, all of the menu icons are now showing up anymore.

How can I correct the problems and have back the icons? Thanks

2. rachweb

rachweb Well-Known Member

It is not a good idea to downgrade from 11.1 edge to 10.9 current. There are many changes that it could break things. The best idea is go back to edge or reload os.

#2 rachweb, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  3. rampinelli

rampinelli Member

Oh no! what have i done... I didn't know i could compormise the whole server now...

I just cannot reload OS, i'm under a cheap VPS plan and I just can't do it... also I have some customers under my plan and now they will surely complain about icons not there anymore. Bad situation

Cpanel works all fine now, its only a problem with images, there's no way to check the directory and upload the icons manually? They link all to the directory.. /frontend/x/

There's no way to correct it? hmmm I think i will update to EDGE again then...

#3 rampinelli, Jan 25, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2007
  4. Nhojohl

Nhojohl Well-Known Member

I had the same problem, I've gone between Edge and Current, back and fourth, at LEAST 20 times. Why? Because for some reason I can't get PHP to compile correctly using easy apache 2.

The fix to your problem? Just run /scripts/upcp AGAIN after downgrading. (Sometimes it takes /scripts/upcp --force)

Essentially you are running the upgrade twice when going to CURRENT. For some reason when you initually downgrade the upgrade script doesn't copy the images but when you do it a second time it does.

5. rampinelli

rampinelli Member

Thanks a lot for the help Nhojohl!
    All worked fine :)