The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updates Backend Scripts [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vinayak, Apr 22, 2005.

  1. Vinayak

    Vinayak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2003
    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bharat
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Updates Backend Scripts

    What is this?

     
  2. LP-Trel

    LP-Trel Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 13, 2003
    Messages:
    184
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Nirvana
    Change to the release tree. Running stable is just for those that don't want the latest updates or that are afraid to update. :cool:
     
  3. webignition

    webignition Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jan 22, 2005
    Messages:
    1,880
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    This will also happen, from what I've noticed, if you have the latest RELEASE installed but have your update config set to STABLE.

    This happened to me recently with a fresh install, as the installed version was the latest RELEASE but the update config was set to STABLE. Changing the update config to RELEASE sorted things out.
     
  4. Vinayak

    Vinayak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2003
    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bharat
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thanks friends for taking out time to guide me.

    Although I found out later to the post that this could be the reason.

    But again I was thinking that stable means stable so things like this should not happen.

    I am sticking to stable release since this I am running on a VPS and the latest release build was causing heavy loads.

    But then this stable release was there on the server for quite a long time, and this problem was not there before, it happend only few days back.

    And now I have started getting more issues like this one below:

    Any ways I will upgrade to latest release build, and will watch what happens.
     
  5. Vinayak

    Vinayak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2003
    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bharat
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    So here I am back with the update on what happened after I have updated the WHM/cpanel to latest Release Build.

    This problem is still there

    And new problem cropped up:

    And eximstats is not starting at all.

    Then there are some other problems that are liek phpMyAdmin is not accessible from the control panel, when we click on the phpMyAdmin link in cPanel under MySql section, it gives 404 Page not found error. Where as from WHM logged in as root it comes up fine.

    Then there are these cron (or may be soem other problem):

    Could this be because I have base dir protection enabled?

    And after upgradation I have also noticed that cpanel access on port 2082 has become damn slow, where WHM access on port 2086 is lightning fast.

    Some specs of my server

    VPS with 12 GB Space 256 MB Promised RAM.
    Fedora i686
    Average Server Load is 0.39
    TomCat is installed
    And most of the default goddies that comes with cPanel.
     
    #5 Vinayak, Apr 24, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  6. Vinayak

    Vinayak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2003
    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bharat
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In hope some solution is on way

    My current server config:

    Running VPS
    WHM 10.1.0 cPanel 10.1.0-R78
    Fedora i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
     
  7. Vinayak

    Vinayak Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2003
    Messages:
    267
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Bharat
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hey I found the problem and solution:

    It appears that one of the symbolic links in /lib broke as a result of a filesystem problem. I corrected this particular problem using the following commands:

    cd /lib
    ln -s libresolv-2.3.2.so /lib/libresolv.so.2


    Hope this solution will be helpfull for someone facing the same problem.
     
Loading...

Share This Page