The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updates to cPanel Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joshfrom, Jun 3, 2003.

1. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

I am working on a project to update the cPanel website. We are already looking at a number of changes to make your experience easier, but we need your input. What we are specifically looking for is:

* What new features would you like to see?
    * What needs to be expanded/changed?
    * What just doesn't work?

You can contact me by either responding to this thread, emailing me at josh@cpanel.net or AIM cpaneljosh

Joshua Shaffer
    Technical Liason - cPanel Inc
    josh@cpanel.net

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. shaky

shaky Well-Known Member

I'm suprised no one as added to this thread yet.

I can only speak as a newbie and the one thing that I feel is lacking on the current cpanel site is a fool proof, step by step idiots guide to WHM, or even a 'Best Practice Guide'.

The current documentation although extremely good has a few holes in it, and as someone who has embarked on WHM from one of your competitors, it can sometimes be a bit of a minefield.

The colours of the site could also maybe do with jazzing up a bit, I mean cpanel and whm are both very exciting products, they help administer your site and server with such ease, should the site not reflect these exciting products in an exciting way?

Finally the forum should probably be accessible from the first page, as it is a great source of knowledge.:)

3. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

Yes the documentation is definitely going to get a facelift. I'm taking care of that in another thread.

The website too has some much-needed changes. Hopefully in the end that should be much easier to use and understand and yes I think the battleship grey will be going away too :D That was the biggest request from the staff here :)

4. Hoster2k

Hoster2k Well-Known Member

Suggested updates:

1) Secure forum access for verified server owners? Not sure how that would be implemented but has been suggested.

2) A new updated look - something like ensim.com, jazzed up, professional

3) Better bug tracking system / ticket system.
    If you dont reply then autoclose closes out the tickets but infact they are waiting for your reply.

4) change log - reverse it so that the latest change is at the TOP of the page.. so you dont have to wait for the full thing to load.

5. purplepaws

purplepaws Well-Known Member

I would agree with that.