The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating and need advise please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bradyb, Nov 14, 2009.

1. bradyb

bradyb Well-Known Member

I am planning an upgrade and haven’t updated in about a year. I host about 100 sites.

cPanel 11.24.4-S33345 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9
    Operating system Linux
    Kernel version 2.6.9-55.ELsmp
    Machine Type i686
    Apache version 1.3.41 (Unix)
    PERL version 5.8.8
    Installed Perl Modules Click to View
    PHP version 4.4.7
    MySQL version 4.1.22-standard
    cPanel Build 11.24.4-STABLE 33345
    Theme cPanel X v2.6.0
    cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

I am hoping you can tell me the smartest plan of attack for upgrading to the latest and greatest of php, mysql, cpanel etc.

Thankfully,
    Brady

2. xerophyte

xerophyte Well-Known Member

Make sure all your 100 sites which use php and mysql are compatible with php 5.x and mysql 5.x. Other than else upgrade should not be hard. (backup all your sites before you trying to upgrade)

3. bradyb

bradyb Well-Known Member

Thank you xerophyte. I did get a message back from the folks at buycpanel and they mentioned below but didn't mention about upgrading php, mysql but i assume the below may cover it. Just been so long since I last updated, feeling rusty.

# Login to your server WHM
    # Run Software -> Update System Software # Run Software -> Update Server Software # Choose Cpanel -> Upgrade to Latest Version ; then click on the Update Settings link # By default cPanel/WHM Updates are set to Automatic (STABLE tree), change it to Automatic (CURRENT tree), then save # Choose again Cpanel -> Upgrade to Latest Version ; then Click to upgrade.
    # Be patient until the upgrade process is over # Run Themes -> X Skin Migration Wizard, select all your account and click to migrate theme to x3/x3mail themes or a theme of your choice.
    # Now Logout and login again to your WHM or Cpanel to see it updated to Cpanel's latest version