The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating Apache

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by rbjb, Sep 2, 2006.

1. rbjb

rbjb Member

Sooner or later I am going to have to update apache. I have a couple of servers that I have had for a couple of years and everything works fine almost all the time. But some day when I have to update apache I see a problem.

When you click "update apache" in WHM it show the defaut setting and not what I have installed on the server. Just how do I discover what modules I have installed? I don't want to change what I already have but I don't know for sure what I have installed.

I know that at some time in the not too distant future I will have to install php 5.x, right now I have php 4.4.3 and everything is fine. When this needs to be done I need to know what I am doing.

Ray

#1 rbjb, Sep 2, 2006
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

If you don't have a button within that area in WHM which says "Load Previous Config" then you have the default configuration which is what you see on that page. Once you do rebuild apache/php you will get that button and so the next time can load up your configuration as you had it if you changed it from the default.

3. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

I would suspect he did recompile apache at one point. I believe php 4.3.11 is now the default module while he has 4.4.3 installed.

Perhaps he upgraded manually?

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

No either 4.4.3 or 4.4.4 is the default module now (it was 4.4.3 until very recetnly and don't know if the latest installs do 4.4.4 as they should).

5. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Ahhh, you beat me to my edit. I was just updating a server and noticed the default change. Sorry...

Chirpy, on a personal note which I have not found any reference, I am curious to know which php/mysql combos you run on your own boxes. If this is inappropriate to ask, please accept my apology.

6. rbjb

rbjb Member

Stupid me I didn't see that button. So to see if I understand this, if I wanted to upgrade php to another level I would first click "Load Prevous Config" (which would check what I do have loaded) then select the version of PHP I wanted to up graded to and then start the upgrade. Is this correct?

Ray

7. rbjb

rbjb Member

That was my mistake I was looking at the wrong thing a listed php 4.4.3 as the version I have. That is the default. The php version is what started all of this I need to upgraded. I keep seeing a lot of places are saying that they will require 5.x very soon yet I see some people are having problems with it. Just to keep everything sercure what level php would you recommend.

Ray

8. jayh38

jayh38 Well-Known Member

Yes, that is correct. You will compile the list that you see in front of you.