The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating client hosting plans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcsolutions, Nov 8, 2002.

1. jcsolutions

jcsolutions Well-Known Member

How can I manually edit one of my client accounts and have them retain those settings when I edit my packages through WHM?

Example: I have setup a &Bronze& hosting plan through the WHM that does not have shell access. Client 'joe blow' signs up for the Bronze plan and his account is setup. Because 'joe' is a nice guy, I give only his account shell access, even though he still has the Bronze plan. Time passes and I edit the Bronze plan through the WHM to have more disk space, and still no shell access, and I save the changes. Now 'joe' no longer has shell access. How can I prevent this from happening?

2. jcsolutions

jcsolutions Well-Known Member

hmm... I could end up with a lot of packages if I customize too many plans. Guess I'll keep it to a minimum. At least there's a way to do it. Thanks.

3. Alec

Alec Registered
    PartnerNOC

Hmmm
    If Cpanel or WHM has not this featire for single account you can set up it via SSH access to the server.
    You must change file /etc/passwd.
    This file consists of strings including follow fields:
    username:password:userID:groupID:homedirectory:shell

In order to allow SSH for ordinary client you need change shell to /bin/bash (or /usr/bin/bash or other).

You must have root access to edit this file