The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating....Running verify_api_spec_files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by opentoe, Apr 27, 2016.

1. opentoe

opentoe Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I logged into my WHM this afternoon and saw that it was blocked when trying to update and indicated it would do over the next 5 days or something. It told me if I wanted to perform the update just select FORCE and it would continue. Started the update through WHM which has Centos 6.7 running on it and the update screen "seems" to be STUCK at

Running verify_api_spec_files

It has been like that for about an hour and is %89 complete. I'd hate to kill it or perform a nasty reboot. Is there anyway I can tell what's going on? I do have root access and a terminal, but WHM strings itself all over the place so it's hard to know what to look at from here.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You can access your server via SSH and review the cPanel update logs in the following directory:

/var/cpanel/updatelogs/

Review the latest update log to see if it proceeded past the stage you referenced.

Thank you.

3. opentoe

opentoe Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks. I needed to reboot the VPS to get out of the hang. I checked to see if the script was even running and it wasn't. Something odd happened. Anyway instead of using a browser to update it I just ran the script in a terminal. It went through and completed %100. The previous message was the one below.

W [INFO] - Upgrade to the next LTS is blocked until Tuesday May 3, 2016 in order to distribute upgrades over a five day p$
    => Log closed Wed Apr 27 07:21:00 2016

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm happy to see the update completed successfully.

This is by design. You can review the following thread for more information about how updates are distributed:

Upgrades in cPanel & WHM Version 11.40 and Beyond

Note you can run "/scripts/upcp --force" to force an update if you prefer not to wait for the automatic update.

Thank you.