The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating scripts after changing hosting account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by athensdc, Mar 12, 2011.

1. athensdc

athensdc Registered

Mar 12, 2011
    I recently built a small website to promote my practice (I am an Medical Doctor and a Chiropractor).
    Kept it simple. One domain, no add-ons or parked domains, no fancy stuff.

Recently I bought a second domain. I want to pretty much move everything from my original domain to this new one. I got both domains from the same provider, so I kindly requested that they change my hosting account. They did it within 10 minutes, but then told me that I have to "adjust my scripts (configuratipon.php etc.), since the user name of my account and the path is changed".

I was a preMed major and took "Computer Science 101" back in 1998. So I have NO CLUE what I am supposed to do. I built my website with the RVsitebuilder, which has a nice WYSIWYG inerface, ideal for dumb docs!
    Any help regarding where I should start from is VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

May 20, 2003
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'd start on the rvsitebuilder support forums, or with your host, who it sounds like, wiped and then recreated your account for you. (not needed for what you wanted) rvsitebuilder is not a cPanel supported product.

Short of that, if the site you created uses a MySQL database, and the cPanel user (the old one) named athensdc created the site (and as a result, that database) then, I think if you looked in the root of the account or, public_html/ via cPanel File Manager and find a file named configuration.php and open it to view/edit you might find a configuration setting with that old users name in it, for the MySQL database the site uses.

If you do find that name in that file, and your new cPanel username is johndoe, then you'd have to edit the old to the new one. And then of course save the file and try the site again to besure its operating as expected.

I don't use rvsitebuilder so not much more help than that.