The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Updating SSL Certficate After hostname Change fails

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crosswinds, May 3, 2013.

1. crosswinds

crosswinds Member

Hi,

I'm stumped.

I recently successfully changed the hostname of a server and was going through the process of generating and installing an SSL certficate to match. The CSR generation, etc was successful. When I go to Install the certificate in either the virtual host or for the services, I enter the hostname and it hangs looking up the SSL info.

Looking at the error log I get the following:

error>[an error occurred while processing this directive]</error>[2013-05-03 12:50:34 +0100] die [Internal Death while parsing [stdin] 2889] Died at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 87.
    Cpanel::HttpRequest::__ANON__('ALRM') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SocketIP.pm line 28
    eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SocketIP.pm line 24
    Cpanel::SocketIP::_resolveIpAddress('cabundle.cpanel.net') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 530
    Cpanel::HttpRequest::_getAddressList('Cpanel::HttpRequest=HASH(0xbbf7b2c)', 'cabundle.cpanel.net') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 810
    Cpanel::HttpRequest::_initrequest('Cpanel::HttpRequest=HASH(0xbbf7b2c)', 'host', 'cabundle.cpanel.net', 'url', '/v1.0/get_certificate_bundle', 'http_protocol', 'HTTP/1.0', 'destfile', ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 98
    Cpanel::HttpRequest::request('Cpanel::HttpRequest=HASH(0xbbf7b2c)', 'url', '/v1.0/get_certificate_bundle', 'host', 'cabundle.cpanel.net', 'headers', 'Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded^M^J', 'body', ...) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/HttpRequest.pm line 484
    Cpanel::HttpRequest::httppost('Cpanel::HttpRequest=HASH(0xbbf7b2c)', 'cabundle.cpanel.net', '/v1.0/get_certificate_bundle', 'HASH(0xbbf6380)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSLInfo.pm line 57
    Cpanel::SSLInfo::fetchcabundle('-----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----^JMIIEFzCCAv+gAwIBAgIJAJY5MqtAw+AcMA0G...') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/SSLInfo.pm line 299
    Cpanel::SSLInfo::fetchinfo('cp1.higsonmedia.co.uk', undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/XMLUI/SSL.pm line 53
    Whostmgr::XMLUI::SSL::fetchinfo('crtdata', undef, 'domain', 'cp1.higsonmedia.co.uk') called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api line 1705
    main::__ANON__('HASH(0x93e3d5c)') called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api line 2846
    main::runapp_v0('HASH(0x93e3d5c)') called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api line 2896
    main::runapp('fetchsslinfo', 'HASH(0xba2794c)', 'HASH(0x93e3d5c)') called at whostmgr/bin/xml-api line 2770

I attempted to trace through and found that /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/XMLUI/SSL.pm does not exist on the system.

I manually replaced the certificate in /etc/pki/tls/certs/cp1.higsonmedia.co.uk.crt and it is seen by SSL Key/Crt Manager. Nothing else can see it.

Ideas?