The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade all plans on specific package

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by n000b, Aug 4, 2009.

1. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

How do I upgrade every account in WHM that is using a certain package, to another package? There does not seem to be an option under "Modify/Upgrade Multiple Accounts" to select accounts by package.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    The easy answer is edit the package itself from within WHM. When saved it'll upgrade all accounts that use that package. But, there is no option there to change the package name if you wanted to.

There's a post here about editing the package name that should help. http://forums.cpanel.net/f7/packages-67244.html

3. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

Thanks, but unfortunately I already am using the package that I want to move people to.

I have my own plans, and I have just bought another hosting business. I need to change all of the customers from the business that I purchased to my own plans that are already in use.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    And you've moved them already, so no way to upgrade the accounts there then move them over I guess.

I agree, it would be nice to see the packages listed on the Modify Multiple Accounts page. I'm not sure why they couldn't add something for this to that page, you might want to log an enhancement request on bugzilla for it to be considered.

Looking at that page you should be able to select "search by reseller/owner" and hit the "select matching users" button to select these new accounts, assuming the "owner" is still a name from the old server and different than any on your server. That would give you what you seek if these new accounts all have the same plan and owner.

Then select the settings at bottom and save.

5. n000b

n000b Well-Known Member

Thanks, I will lodge a feature request.