Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Upgrade/Downgrade accounts from command line

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrankLaszlo, Aug 3, 2010.

1. FrankLaszlo

FrankLaszlo Active Member

Is there a /scripts command or any other way to upgrade/downgrade an account from the command line? I have a fairly large list of accounts on many servers that I need to upgrade/downgrade, and I was not able to locate a way to do this from the command line. I know I could code some stuff using the cPanel API and do requests with curl, but I'd rather avoid having to do that if I can solve it with a simple shell script.

Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sirdopes

sirdopes Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I'm not sure how to do it directly from the command line without calling the api, but this is how I would do it in perl

Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl

my $name = "user";

open(AHASH, "/root/.accesshash");
    my @access = <AHASH> ;
    close AHASH;
    my $hash = join("\n", @access);

$hash =~ s/\n//g;
    my $auth = "WHM root:" . $hash;
    my $ua = LWP::UserAgent->new;
    my $request = HTTP::Request->new( GET => "http://127.0.0.1:2086/xml-api/changepackage?user=$name&pkg=TestPKG" );
    $request->header( Authorization => $auth );

my $response = $ua->request($request);
    print $response->content;

3. FrankLaszlo

FrankLaszlo Active Member

I ended up modifying some of my own API code to do it. The code you have would work, but its designed for local access, and for a single server. :) I had to run this across about 50 of our servers.

Fortunately, I had some existing API code that wasn't too difficult to modify to suite my needs.

Thanks anywyas.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...