The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Freeze

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by navmonkey, Nov 12, 2005.

1. navmonkey

navmonkey Well-Known Member

Try to upgrade to the latest stable release but the process 'stop' due to connectivity problem when it is trying to download files for MySQL. Is there a way to reduce the timeout limit? Thanks.

Code:
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mirror.cpsc.ucalgary.ca using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.cdpa.nsysu.edu.tw using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mirrors.webcraftsolutions.com using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to www.linorg.usp.br using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.ihostunit.com using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mirror.freedevices.org using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mirrors.develooper.com using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.skynet.be using wget...(60100 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to carti.cs.unibuc.ro using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.isu.edu.tw using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.ensita.net using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.datahost.com.ar using wget...test failed...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.telepac.pt using wget...(41600 bytes/s)...Done
    Ping:1000 Testing connection speed to mysql.fresh.co.il using wget...test failed...Done

2. navmonkey

Anyone having the same problem when trying to upgrade to STABLE today?

3. nyjimbo

nyjimbo Well-Known Member

What kind of connection do you have. The fact you are failing on talking to so many different hosts makes me think you have a network problem.

4. navmonkey

Thanks for your reply. After nearly 4 hours since the upcp script was first call the upgrade process finally completed. It was definitely the longest upgrade run I have come across so far.

Regarding connectivity, the box is connected to a 100Mbps network and no connectivity report was filed by the datacenter.

So far, I still don't understand why for such a delay in acquiring the files for the upgrade.

Is there a way to terminate a failed upgrade process in the middle? Thanks.

5. Tapan

Tapan Well-Known Member

Hi,

I am also encountring same issue and i am on stable release. My upcp also hangs when it reaches MySQL soemthing but it does not hangs for that long only 4-5 mins. and after waiting 4-5 mins it contiues and rest everythign gets does fast.

I am on 100 mbps connection.

Thanks.