The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade from Stable to Edge?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by fizz, Mar 31, 2004.

1. fizz

fizz Well-Known Member

Im currently running
    WHM 9.1.0 cPanel 9.1.0-R85
    Fedora - WHM X v2.1.2

Would like to upgrade to edge, but will this affect anything, or would i have to start on a new box without anyone on it?

If it wont affect current setup, how do i go about upgrading to edge?

2. trukfixer

trukfixer Active Member

in WHM, select update preferences then select bleeding EDGE release (manual update only)

then save, and scroll to near the bottom.. you will find a link to update cpanel in the "CPanel" heading, "upgrade to latest version" and click that .. it will warn about EDGE release, and advise you as soon as a current or other automatic update package becomes available, to check that for automatic updates, so as to not have EDGE software if at all possible. (check for version of "Current" every so often , and when it's release number matches the current EDGE release number, you can switch to Current.. and then just maintain a lookout for "R" package release... to reach that stage..:)

just got to keepnote.. it takes about 5 minutes to upgrade to edge.. ( I just did)..

Bri!