diades

Registered
Jan 22, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

I have recently activated the cpanel upgraqde button to upgrade the server to the latest safe build which it tells me is compete but, when the panel is loaded, I keep getting page re-directs and the side panel menus disappear when hovered over.

Can someone tell me the error of my ways please? I am not at all use to cpanel or admin., I am afraid. This was to be the first part of an all-round upgrade which was to include upgrading bot mySQL and the PHP version (both of which are as yet to be done).

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

Please try clearing your browser cache and opening Web Host Manager again. If the issue persists, check the cPanel error log for any specific errors:

Code:
# tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log
Thank you.

diades

Registered
Jan 22, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi

Thanks for your reply and sorry for not getting back to you. I cleared the cache and also tried in other browsers, same result.

Being a complete novice at this, would it be possible for you to advise me as to how to go about accomplishing this:

Code:
# tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
You would run that command via SSH as "root". The following document is available for more information on SSH access:

SSH/Shell Access

Also, feel free to submit a ticket with our support staff if you require further assistance:

Submit A Ticket

Thank you.