The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade Single Package Question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Crumbs, Jun 19, 2017.

1. Crumbs

Crumbs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hi,

I'm new to WHM/cPanel and struggling a little. I have the option to go onto plesk but trying to make WHM work for me, maybe one of you gurus can help me out :)

We sell limited packages where a customer may want to upgrade disk quotas. Once a package is assigned to a customer say 10GB for 10 email addresses. Is there anyway we can upgrade that package just for that customer to have say another 1GB, we want it as an extra and using the built in upgrade just replaces the package completely. Doing this may work but we will end up with many packages and its messy. Plesk allows addons to be assigned seperately, much easier.

Secondly - why cant we set email quota limits? Am i missing something here... we sell email only packages with limits on mailboxes and options to extend the size of the mailbox by X amount. Is there anyway to restrict a email box via WHM, not cPanel. Seems to be very popular but little trivial things like the above missing. Apologies if i am being naive here.

Thanks alot :-p
    :-p

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @Crumbs,

I'm happy to help answer both of your questions.

The only supported method of modifying a package is to create a new package with the updated limits, and then assign it to the individual account. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see an improvement to the current package functionality:

Submit A Feature Request

This functionality is not currently supported, but I encourage you to vote and subscribe to the following feature requests:

Ability to disable 'unlimited' email quotas
    Add Max Mailbox Quota to Packages

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.

3. Crumbs

Crumbs Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Thanks for the replies Michael, i will do this.

cPanelMichael likes this.