Crumbs

Registered
Jun 19, 2017
United Kingdom
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Hi,

I'm new to WHM/cPanel and struggling a little. I have the option to go onto plesk but trying to make WHM work for me, maybe one of you gurus can help me out :)

We sell limited packages where a customer may want to upgrade disk quotas. Once a package is assigned to a customer say 10GB for 10 email addresses. Is there anyway we can upgrade that package just for that customer to have say another 1GB, we want it as an extra and using the built in upgrade just replaces the package completely. Doing this may work but we will end up with many packages and its messy. Plesk allows addons to be assigned seperately, much easier.

Secondly - why cant we set email quota limits? Am i missing something here... we sell email only packages with limits on mailboxes and options to extend the size of the mailbox by X amount. Is there anyway to restrict a email box via WHM, not cPanel. Seems to be very popular but little trivial things like the above missing. Apologies if i am being naive here.

Thanks alot :-p
:-p

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello @Crumbs,

I'm happy to help answer both of your questions.

We sell limited packages where a customer may want to upgrade disk quotas. Once a package is assigned to a customer say 10GB for 10 email addresses. Is there anyway we can upgrade that package just for that customer to have say another 1GB, we want it as an extra and using the built in upgrade just replaces the package completely. Doing this may work but we will end up with many packages and its messy. Plesk allows addons to be assigned seperately, much easier.
The only supported method of modifying a package is to create a new package with the updated limits, and then assign it to the individual account. I encourage you to open a feature request if you'd like to see an improvement to the current package functionality:

Submit A Feature Request

Secondly - why cant we set email quota limits? Am i missing something here... we sell email only packages with limits on mailboxes and options to extend the size of the mailbox by X amount. Is there anyway to restrict a email box via WHM, not cPanel. Seems to be very popular but little trivial things like the above missing. Apologies if i am being naive here.
This functionality is not currently supported, but I encourage you to vote and subscribe to the following feature requests:

Ability to disable 'unlimited' email quotas
Add Max Mailbox Quota to Packages

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you.