The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrade taking v.long time. Is there a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by viddyxxx, Oct 27, 2005.

1. viddyxxx

viddyxxx Registered

Hi. From webhost manager I clicked on the upgrade cpanel button. It started well but it's been stuck on 80% complete for over 4 hours now. Is this usual or is there a problem. It's the first time I've upgraded so I'm in the dark on this one.

2. domtaj

domtaj Active Member

Definitely unusual. My first time update took long enough for me to go for a 30 minutes coffee break (not that it took 30 minutes, but by the time i came back it was done)

3. adzviper

adzviper Member

When i used to do my updates in firefox on my whm it would occasionally stop suddenly normally around 20% so i left it there went away came back and it was still there, reloaded the browser and whm and found it had upgraded. but that was just me, dont know if it was supposed to do that.

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

It's probably best to do such updates from the root shell running /scripts/upcp and watching the output. You can then always strace the PID from another session to see what it's up to and if it appears to be hanging.