The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgraded to EasyApache 3.2.0 and now getting "cpsrvd failed "

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by Xinil, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Xinil

Xinil Member

So I just upgraded my apache from 1.3.3.7 to 2.2 and PHP from 4.4.7 to 5.2.4 using the EasyApache software provided by WHM 11. However, now everytime I shutdown/restart my box, I get:

cpsrvd failed @ Mon Nov 12 15:13:12 2007. A restart was attempted automagically.

My FTP service isn't starting along with that either. From what I can tell, everything else is working fine though. Also, when I check 'Server Status' in WHM, cpsrvd is marked as 'failed' and blinking red.

Any help on how to get this resolved? I've looked at the numerous 'cpsrvd failed' threads posted here, but was not able to find anything related to my problem.

2. HostIt

HostIt Well-Known Member

Personally, my first port of call would be to force a cPanel update with /scripts/upcp --force

3. Xinil

Xinil Member

Didn't fix it. :(

Code:
    cpsrvd failed @ Mon Nov 12 18:38:04 2007. A restart was attempted automagically.

4. Xinil

Xinil Member

I should note that for some reason, cpsrvd does eventually start. I'm going to say probably 15 minutes or so after the server has been online, it starts up.

However, my FTP server is still not online. I'm not sure what else hasn't come online either. So basically, the problem is still there.

5. Xinil

Xinil Member

cPanel support staff resolved this issue. Apparently cpsrvd was corrupted and needed to be rebuilt.