The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrades to RELEASE instead of STABLE?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, Mar 10, 2005.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Ok, before I launch into a false tangent here, can someone tell me what the latest official STABLE version of cPanel for Linux (FC2) is? I'm set to upgrade to STABLE but I'm showing 10R148 - is that correct?

David

2. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
  3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Thanks, then there does seem to be a problem. My settings are definitely at Manual STABLE, yet it went to 10.xx some time ago. I didn't find any bugs reported (I may be missing it even if it has). Has anyone else experienced this? I don't really want to downgrade back that far, but then I'm not sure what to do. I'm going to send a support request through my host to cPanel, but if anyone has some input I'm listening. This all started because logrotate seems to have broken and it was pointed out that I am using a RELEASE version.

Any ideas where that setting is actually stored? I'm going by my update settings in WHM but maybe it's reporting them incorrectly. I would like to have a little more before reporting it as a bug. Thanks.

David

4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Hi David,

I've seen this with new cPanel installs. The installation procedure install RELEASE but is configured by default to manually upgrade as STABLE. I would suggest that you simply remain on RELEASE (the STABLE is just too old now) and change it in WHM to Manual RELEASE (otherwise you'll have update problems with addons). If you then want to go to a future STABLE you can once it comes out.

5. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Ok, I'm at 10.0.0-RELEASE_161 and using manual update. If I understand, the 10.0.0 STABLE is coming out soon? So, would I just wait until this is released and then moved my settings to STABLE and update? Thanks.

David

6. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You could, but since RELEASE is the recommended tree to use, I'd stick with that. When the next STABLE is released there should be an accompanying RELEASE release.

7. keith70

keith70 Registered

Where can you find the features added or bugs fixed for these releases?

8. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

9. prixone

prixone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    bah i hate this config i get the same problem, all configured to manual update to stable version and it bumped me to a release version. i was with 10.2.0-r82 trying to set it to 83

just for notice. thx.