Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Upgrading Cpanel/WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mikehughes, Mar 17, 2003.

1. mikehughes

mikehughes Member

Hi, im trying to upgrade my Cpanel/WHM, Currently Using " WHM 6.0.0 Cpanel 6.0.0-E106 RedHat 7.3" i would like to move to either the newest edge or the newest stable. But when i try upgrading using either whm or the script in ssh it just stalls.

Then when i ctrl+c it, i seem to get runaway processes (rpm mostly) which push the server load up, and i have to restart the server to fix it.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Regards,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. mikehughes

mikehughes Member

Well, i fixed the problem, incase anyone else has this problem, or is just curious, its a problem with rpm, where for some reason an rpm process is killed and leaves behind a small ammount of rpm db damage and a lock file, causing rpm to hang after installing the rpm.

It can be fixed by running the following;
    rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*
    rpm -vv --rebuilddb

You can find full details of this on: http://www.rpm.org/hintskinks/repairdb/

Regards,
    Mike.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...