The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading/Downgrading Accounts (WHM)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mutters, Aug 24, 2004.

1. mutters

mutters Registered

I have a reseller account and am about to go live. But before I do, there is something I cannot figure out. It may be ridiculously simple, but if so, I am overlooking it. I know it has to be possible. How do you add FTP accounts, or SQL databases, or Addons, Parked domains etc.... to an account? Please tell me you don't have to create an entirely new package with the extra accounts they have paid for and apply it to them!

One more thing, is there a setting in WHM that will allow me to store a user's email address with their account info, but won't send them an email when I make changes to their account? Or do I just have to leave the email's off? That would make things difficult.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I have a reseller account and am about to go live. But before I do, there is something I cannot figure out. It may be ridiculously simple, but if so, I am overlooking it. I know it has to be possible. How do you add FTP accounts, or SQL databases, or Addons, Parked domains etc.... to an account? Please tell me you don't have to create an entirely new package with the extra accounts they have paid for and apply it to them

Account Functions
    Modify an Account

If host has not enabled for you then no will have to create or edit package

Most likely they will not enable it for you because
    (warning: this will allow circumvention of account creation limits, give shell access (unless explicitly disallowed), dedicated ips, etc)

if you ask them nicely they will be able to edit it for you

One more thing, is there a setting in WHM that will allow me to store a user's email address with their account info, but won't send them an email when I make changes to their account? Or do I just have to leave the email's off? That would make things difficult.

Dont know what you are asking here????

3. mutters

mutters Registered

Thanks for answering the first question. I'll go to my host about it. They actually do allow shell access, but I have to send them a copy of my drivers license etc.. in order to have it enabled.

Here is what I meant for the second question: When you create a new account in WHM, it allows you to put in an email address. If you do this, whenever you make any modifications to that account, like changing the quota or applying a different feature list, it automatically sends a report to the email address listed in that account. So, is there any way to have the email address listed in that account, but WHM not automatically email that address when I modify that account. Does that make more sense? I hope I explained that well enough. Thanks for you help.

4. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    ah ok I get you when you modify as as root or reseller owner it does not send to the email in the address only the the resellers at least none of my cpanel servers do i checked just to make sure

your web host might allow you to

I personally do not unless the reseller knows what they are doing some of mine screw things up with just the minumum of services on

5. mutters

mutters Registered

No, It DOES send to that email address listed in the account i am modifying, as well as mine. I DON'T want any modifications to go the address listed for the account I am modifying. I guess I will just have to keep a record of their email address somewhere else besides in whm.