The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Upgrading OpenSSH to 3.9p1 - Problem In Cpanel... HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nitromax, Dec 18, 2004.

  1. nitromax

    nitromax Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 12, 2002
    Messages:
    189
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    I upgraded OpenSSH to 3.9p1 and SSH works great now and is reporting the new version, and SSH using a client side SSH program like SecureCRT works great with the new version.

    However, when you open the Cpanel control panel and you click the SSH icon and try shell access from there it does NOT work. You put your in your username and password and it hangs, and the older 3.1p1 appears on the screen.

    Any ideas on how to get SSH running in Cpanel with the updated 3.9p1 version? Any help would be appreciated!

    (Yes, shell is enabled on the account I am testing in Cpanel) :)
     
  2. DigiCrime

    DigiCrime Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Messages:
    399
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    can you tell me how you upgraded SSH? :D I tried it a couple times and failed attempts on 7.3 redhat linux, what O/S you use ?
     
  3. dezignguy

    dezignguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2004
    Messages:
    534
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Are you having dependency problems on an old box like that? Try compiling the source, both the source rpm and the source code itself, instead of the rpm.
     
  4. DigiCrime

    DigiCrime Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Messages:
    399
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    yea depend. errors and I have tried from source, doesnt work
     
  5. dezignguy

    dezignguy Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Sep 26, 2004
    Messages:
    534
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    it's probably because your glibc and all that is too old... and it's going to be dependency hell to fix it. I moved off RH 7.2 last year to RHEL3 so I wouldn't have to deal with that stuff. ;-)

    That version of RH is old and unsupported... are you trying to manually keep the OS up2date? That's sounds like a bit of a job... ;-)

    I'd upgrade to RHEL3 if I were you... Or CentOS if you can't go full Redhat. If you can't do that, I'd at least upgrade your 7.3 to RH9 and use the Fedora Updates. I believe they work with RH9.
     
  6. DigiCrime

    DigiCrime Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Messages:
    399
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Yep, you hit it on the nail there :D Its not that bad actually, lot of the customers dont like the restrictions ive put into those 7.3 machines but it keeps them from being broke in to actually :cool: but yea because of the outdated O/S i have a rough time keeping it up2date but they do better then the newer operating systems with the same restrictions...

    go figure
     
  7. vla

    vla Member

    Joined:
    Jun 19, 2004
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
  8. DigiCrime

    DigiCrime Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2002
    Messages:
    399
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    16
    OpenSSL has the same problem on 7.3 cant get past glib errors, or CurlSSL doesnt work right. Only works on Redhat 9 and above for me.
     
Loading...

Share This Page