Nurs1927

Nov 22, 2015
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
After upgrading from Mysql 5.5.50-cll to MariaDb 10.0 all works fine, but I have some questions.

1.- When upgrading finished, the system recommended rebuild with EasyApache 3.
I did it, and I view this message
mysql of the system was disabled by 'mysql'

In the easy Apache options I can view this warnings in red text.
mysql_of_system.png

It is necessary to disable this options in new apache rebuild? What mysql options it is necessary select?

2.- In CPANEL phpMyadmin, appears the 5.5.50-cll of mysql version. Why?
phpmyadmin_withmariadb.png

In WHM phpMyAdmin appears the correct version os MariaDB
mysql_mariadb.png

Last edited:

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

It is necessary to disable this options in new apache rebuild? What mysql options it is necessary select?
MySQL of the System is not compatible with MySQL 5.6 or later or MariaDB 10 or later. If you install either of these, the system will disable MySQL of the System and use mysqlnd, the MySQL Native Driver, instead. This is documented at:

PHP Module: MySQL of the System - EasyApache - cPanel Documentation

2.- In CPANEL phpMyadmin, appears the 5.5.50-cll of mysql version. Why?
I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Does the problem persist after restarting cPanel using "/scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd"? Can you reproduce it with a new test account?

Thank you.

Nurs1927

Nov 22, 2015
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks. The, only select the third option in my image. True?

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Does the problem persist after restarting cPanel using "/scripts/restartsrv_cpsrvd"? Can you reproduce it with a new test account?
Thank you, but now is SOLVED. It seems that it was cache issue of my browser. Clean the browse cache and solved.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Thanks. The, only select the third option in my image. True?
You can select the first and third options, as long as you do not enable "MySQL of The System". I'm happy to see the issue is now resolved. Thank you for updating us with the outcome.

Reactions: Nurs1927