Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

upgrading to mysql 4

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by JeremyV, Mar 24, 2003.

1. JeremyV

JeremyV Well-Known Member

Just wondering what the easiest way to upgrade to the latest mysql version on cpanel? I've run easyapache but it still installs 3.x, but I really need to get 4.0.x installed. Install via RPMs (if so, which rpms do I need, there are quite a few) or is there an automated way to do this within cpanel?

Thanks.

2. JeremyV

Well I downloaded mysql 4.0.12 rpms, the server, client, and shared packages. But when trying to install them it simply spit out a bunch of these errors:

file /usr/bin/mysql from install of MySQL-client-4.0.12-0 conflicts with file from package MySQL-client-3.23.54a-1
    file /usr/bin/mysqlaccess from install of MySQL-client-4.0.12-0 conflicts with file from package MySQL-client-3.23.54a-1

on and on for each package and every file... :mad:

3. JeremyV

Sorry, brain fart on my part, I was using the install flag for the rpm command, lol. Man I need some sleep :)