Upload image through wordpress fails

kernow

Jul 23, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Using the media manager in any wordpress install to upload images fails with the error:
Missing a temporary folder.
/usr/local/lib/php.ini has the upload dir commented out but the default is /tmp I believe? However commented or not it makes no difference, the error message remains.
Any suggestions please?

Last edited:

LostNerd

Mar 12, 2014
Hastings, East Sussex, UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
No, that is not normal. If it returns bool(false) it means upload_tmp_dir has no value. Have you updated it directly in the php.ini file or with the PHP configuration editor in WHM?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
We fixed the problem after running /scripts/upcp --force
Hello,

I am happy to see the issue is now resolved, however note that I don't see any cases in the 11.50 change log that would have corrected an issue with that entry in the php.ini file. Let us know if you encounter any further issues.

Thank you.

kernow

Jul 23, 2004
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Well, it was after running EA to update php to 5.5.25 that the problem started. It was by chance we discovered that after /upcp had run at its normal time on one server that the error was fixed. So forcing /upcp on the other servers also fixed it.
snip.......however note that I don't see any cases in the 11.50 change log that would have corrected an issue with that entry in the php.ini file
Go figure....