Zoee

Sep 30, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi all, we run a handful of VPS', all which run CPanel.

We've had a client get some reoccuring issues with uploading images via their WordPress website. I'm confident the issue isn't with WordPress, as it happens on a few different sites on different servers and I've also made copies of the site in question on to different servers and it still happens. I've also done all the usual recommended WordPress testing and also implimented every 'solution' under the sun relating to upload problems in WordPress.

Anyway, some times the images upload, sometime they will fail with no error message. The Log files on the servers aren't particularly helpful or consistent, mostly they are empty, however I have noticed that occasionally when uploading image that fail apache restarts itself... so I'm not sure if this hints to the problem?

I don't think its a memory issue because it happens on a server with 2x the RAM and 2x the cores to the one the live site is on.

Any ideas of thoughts? I've run out of things to try!

Thanks,

Zoe

SysSachin

Aug 23, 2015
India
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

Have you checked Apache error log while uploading the image ? I think mod_security rules not allow to upload image.

Zoee

Sep 30, 2016
UK
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
There was nothing in it last time it happened. Its also intermittant, so it won't upload the image 2 or 3 times, then it will, then it won't again.

The only semi-consistent issue I've spotted is apache restarting itself...

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello,

Do you notice any output to the error_log file within the document root of the specific PHP file used for uploading? This will display any PHP errors generated during the upload attempt.

Thank you.