Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Uploading New Website Confusion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dodo225, Apr 25, 2019.

1. dodo225

dodo225 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I am a beginner on cpanel, my mission was to design a website and put it online. I finish with the design and I have difficulties to put on line. I am using filezilla as an FTP client. The easiest way is to choose a computer from my computer to the server. The files are good in public_html, but when I am my domain name in the browser, nothing is displayed. Could you help me, I think it's a configuration problem. Help me please !!!! I am discouraged.

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Is your domain pointed to the server? What happens when you use the browser to view the site, do you get an error of any sort?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dodo225

dodo225 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Thank you for your reply. Indeed, my domain is not redirected to the server and I do not know how to do it could you help me this way. In addition, I think that even if it has not been done yet, I should be able to access my site by putting mydomain.com/~username?when I do it in the browser, nothing is displayed.

4. dodo225

dodo225 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Merci pour votre réponse. En effet, mon domaine n'est pas redirigé vers le serveur et je ne sais pas comment le faire. Pourriez-vous m'aider de cette façon. De plus, je pense que même si cela n'a pas encore été, je devrais pouvoir accéder à mon site en mettant mydomain.com/~username?Lorsque je fais dans le navigateur, rien ne s'affiche.

#4 dodo225, Apr 26, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2019
  5. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello @dodo225

First you need to point the domain to your server, which means you'll need to log in at the registrar where you registered the domain and set up custom nameservers or add an A record with your server's IP address.

The most optimal setup would be to point the nameservers to the server and host DNS locally. We have a step by step guide here: How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Once the nameservers are pointed to the server, pending the data for your site is present in the document root for the domain the site should begin to resolve as expected.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. dodo225

dodo225 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Merci pour votre réponse, je vais essayer ce que vous m'avez conseillé (normalement dans le contrat, c'est l'hôte qui est censé le faire, mais je vais regarder cela). Mais même si cela n’a pas encore été fait, je devrais pouvoir accéder à mon site en entrant via le navigateur mydomain / ~ nomutilisateur puisque je mets déjà le fichier de mon site en public_html?

the folder of my site is already in the public_html I should be able to reach the site by entering my domainname / ~ username?

#6 dodo225, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2019
  7. cPanelLauren

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    That would only work if the domain resolved to the server, you should be able to use the following format if mod_userdir is configured properly on the server:

Code:
    <IPAddress>/~$USER