The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uploading web page files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by selectc, Feb 14, 2005.

1. selectc

selectc Registered

FIRST TRY AT THIS............HELP
    I have been able to put together some pages for my web page and save them to my hardrive as htm's. I have NO IDEA how to get them uploaded onto my web page. Please HELP

DB

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

You will need to use a method called FTP to upload files to the space allocated to you on a web server.

You can (hopefully) do so using the File Manager from within your Cpanel account, or by using any FTP program as long as you know your server's FTP address (most likely just your domain name, or ftp.yourdomain.com) and your account username and password.

This is a very common topic, so the best suggestion would be to search on Google for help on using FTP as there are many many FTP programs and varying methods depending on what operating system you are using.

Whether using the Cpanel file manager or using an FTP program, you will need to put your webpages in the directory called "public_html" that will already exist in your webspace.

3. dgbaker

dgbaker Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    And if I may add, your webhosting provider "should" have included some simple instructions in your welcome e-mail or they may have a support knowledgebase that may have further info.

webignition likes this.