The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

urchin 5.5 all zero under cpanel 9.1.0-STABLE_93

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff-C, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

Is Urchin 5.5 supposed to work under cpanel 9.1.0-STABLE_93?

Every account still shows all zeros for everything in urchin.

AWStats reports normal stats for all accounts and works fine.

Any ideas on a solution to troubleshoot in an attempt to get urchin working?

2. Tripster

Tripster Active Member

I've asked the same question today on these forums .. apparently you and I are the only ones who used Urchin or something .. actually it's more like this issue still isn't really fixed and both sides are likely still blaming the other.

We're the lucky ones who get to answer to our clients for this tho.

3. Jeff-C

Jeff-C Well-Known Member

Actually I've never been able to use urchin. I planned to start using Urchin the end of February, got my first cpanel server with urchin included (previously I was an Ensim user) but found it didn't work - all zeros. I saw that the latest 8.8.x edge releases were supposed to have addressed urchin issues according to the changelog, so when 9.0 stable came out I had expected things would work. But they still don't - still all zeros for all accounts.

4. Tripster

Tripster Active Member

It used to work ... I had Urchin 5.1 working for the longest time, then next server was Urchin 5.5 and that's when this zero report business started for me.

I seem to recall some posts here about having to go into the Urchin admin panel and setting the log files individually or something, that is a non-answer since I have no intention of doing that for each client on each server when I want to offer Urchin server wide to all clients on the server.

If Cpanel doesn't wish to support Urchin no problem, just quit looking for the process and turning it off in upcp then and I'll offer it as an addon with a setup fee to take care of the extra work required.

As it stands however, it is supposed to be supported and integrated into Cpanel, so let's have it work then.