The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urchin 6 and cpanel how to disable urchin in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bono_, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

Hi, If Cpanel officially doesn't supports Urchin 6 why does it want to control it thought the scripts?
    When I installed urchin into default directory "/usr/local/urchin" urchin6 got slayed by cpanel every few minutes. So I reinstalled urchin to different directory so cpanel cannot see urchin. My problem is while web service of urchin is working fine, cpanel is still slaying scheduler of urchin so i cannot properly use it.

So my question is how to disable that, I don't see any logic in cpanel trying to control urchin when you do not support latest 6.5 version.

2. stevenc317

stevenc317 Well-Known Member

Question for you, aside from the conflicts with cPanel are you happy with Urchin? I am considering it, but not sure if it is worth the $3k to purchase it. Where did you get it from?

thanks

3. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

I used version 5 for 2 years and when set it was working fine. I could say I was happy with it, but version 6 has same bugs as version 5, only it looks nicer.

After Urchin 6 I hate google even more, support is terrible and there are many bugs. But I need detailed statistics for my site, and I don't want to use their hosted version.

I got it from SoftLayer provider where I got my server too, it cost me 5$ a month.

4. stevenc317

stevenc317 Well-Known Member

I have been looking into buying the license outright, as in my case it would be cheaper than renting. My hosting provider (Rackspace) offers version 5 for $50 per month per 100 domains and I would need 400 domains just to get started, not including expansion this year. So at $2,400 per year, it is cheaper to purchase it outright and not paid a per month 'tax'.

Either way thanks for taking the time to reply to my message. Hope you are able to get yours working.

5. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

Rackspace is very expensive, at Softlayer license costs 5$ unlimited domains. So you should maybe move if you are not happy with rack or if you use unmanaged box. If you use managed then rackspace is good option.

I think i will be able to fix it.