Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Urchin 6 and cpanel how to disable urchin in cpanel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bono_, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

Hi, If Cpanel officially doesn't supports Urchin 6 why does it want to control it thought the scripts?
    When I installed urchin into default directory "/usr/local/urchin" urchin6 got slayed by cpanel every few minutes. So I reinstalled urchin to different directory so cpanel cannot see urchin. My problem is while web service of urchin is working fine, cpanel is still slaying scheduler of urchin so i cannot properly use it.

So my question is how to disable that, I don't see any logic in cpanel trying to control urchin when you do not support latest 6.5 version.

2. stevenc317

stevenc317 Well-Known Member

Question for you, aside from the conflicts with cPanel are you happy with Urchin? I am considering it, but not sure if it is worth the $3k to purchase it. Where did you get it from?

thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

I used version 5 for 2 years and when set it was working fine. I could say I was happy with it, but version 6 has same bugs as version 5, only it looks nicer.

After Urchin 6 I hate google even more, support is terrible and there are many bugs. But I need detailed statistics for my site, and I don't want to use their hosted version.

I got it from SoftLayer provider where I got my server too, it cost me 5$ a month.

4. stevenc317

stevenc317 Well-Known Member

I have been looking into buying the license outright, as in my case it would be cheaper than renting. My hosting provider (Rackspace) offers version 5 for $50 per month per 100 domains and I would need 400 domains just to get started, not including expansion this year. So at $2,400 per year, it is cheaper to purchase it outright and not paid a per month 'tax'.

Either way thanks for taking the time to reply to my message. Hope you are able to get yours working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Bono_

Bono_ Active Member

Rackspace is very expensive, at Softlayer license costs 5$ unlimited domains. So you should maybe move if you are not happy with rack or if you use unmanaged box. If you use managed then rackspace is good option.

I think i will be able to fix it.