Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Urchin 6 issues

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by djoseph74, Jun 14, 2010.

1. djoseph74

djoseph74 Registered

Hi,

Urchin 6, Couple things...

1. The master & slave schedulers keep stopping. I've read that you should disable the automatic cpanel updates, and have done so. This is still happening. I was able to finally get the permissions set on the logs and push a run of the stats update, however, after that the schedulers stopped. Am I missing something on this? Or is this ok? I did run the /scripts/runweblogs script, does that stop the Urchin stuff? Maybe I'm missing how it operates?

2. When I click on Urchin inside of cPanel, it goes to a blank screen. No errors or anything.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan Joseph

2. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I am not aware of Urchin 6 offering integration into cPanel like that of Urchin 5; to the best of my knowledge the older version, Urchin 5, can be used without issue.

While researching the issue specific to Urchin 6 I found a reference that mentions renaming an Urchin binary, I presume so that it would not be detected by cPanel, but this may or may not be desirable depending on your needs.

Please understand and be aware that I cannot guarantee if the method will work or if it may have any unintended side effects, but if you want to try the procedure it is described here: Urchin [v6] Randomly Shuts Off with SIGTERM | Urchin Software Tools

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. djoseph74

djoseph74 Registered

Hey Don,

I just got an e-mail from your support guy Keith confirming this as well. I moved the folder away from /usr/local/urchin as suggested and its been running smooth for the last few minutes, and its not in WHM. Good news there.

Thanks for your reply!

-Dan Joseph