The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urchin Disk Space Usage

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcallery, Nov 10, 2004.

1. jcallery

jcallery Well-Known Member

Greetings!
    I have a customer who claims that Urchin is currently using 167MB of disk space on his account. Is there any way for me to reduce the space that Urchin is occupying for him?

Thanks!

2. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

Yes, you can delete the tmp/urchin directory, but you loose all the historical stats in those reports. Urchin reports take a lot of space.

3. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

I've got a customer who just ran out of quota, and found that his tmp/urchin directory was occupying nearly 1.5GB (!) Using a lot of space is one thing, but it seems like Urchin wants to use unlimited space! Is this correct? Doesn't it clean up its own temp files? Is there really no way to clean it up without losing all of its historical stats? Or does this indicate that Urchin is malfunctioning somehow?

4. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

Look under configurations on Process Settings. There is an option to limit the "DB Table Limit". I guess lowering that figure would lower the db size. This is a global value. You can also change this value on each profiles separately.

Under profiles, storage/DB, there are a lot of settings to manage the logs and DB. Shouldn't be too hard to figure it out.

5. shacker23

shacker23 Well-Known Member

abubin, thanks. Nice to know these controls are there. Unfortunately, it looks like lowering these values changes the upper threshold, but does not actually reduce the size/amount of data already stored. So it seems like the only avenue is to delete the user's entire urchin directory and let them start again at the lowered threshold, right?

Thanks.

6. abubin

abubin Well-Known Member

you can remove the current stats and lower the DB settings and then rerun the logs if you have the old logs, you can make urchin make stats from those old logs. Don't forget to turn off some of the stuffs such as clean backups and number of backups to keep and other values that might take up space.