The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urchin keep shutting down!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sexy_guy, Aug 16, 2003.

1. sexy_guy

sexy_guy Well-Known Member

Urchin keep shutting down on our Cpanel box. This is the only OS i have had a problem with. On Ensim, Urchin runs 24/7 without service interruption. UPCP shuts down Urchin's scheduler and unless checked it remains off till its turned back on manually. This is a big problem because the logs dont process hourly. Why does Urchin shutdown like this? Urchin will also shut down randomly thoughout the day for no reason. Again the schedular has to be restarted.

Worst yet, since upgrading Cpanel all our logs are in PENDING status. I have already followed the processes of running.

uconf-driver action=set_parameter table=task name="MyProfile" cr_runnow=0
    uconf-driver action=set_parameter table=task name="MyProfile" ct_runstatus=2
    uconf-driver action=set_parameter table=task name="MyProfile" ct_completed=0
    uconf-driver action=set_parameter table=task name="MyProfile" ct_status=1
    uconf-driver action=set_parameter table=task name="MyProfile" ct_lockid=0

Needed to clear the profile status without and change. All logs are in Pending status. I even checked the database and it all checks out just fine. So whats the solution with Cpanel+Urchin5? I asked DarkORB for the proper chkserver status to be used for manually restarting Urchin if the schedular stops but so far i have not heard anything.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. Jeff75

Jeff75 Well-Known Member

I am having this exact same problem and I'm running Urchin5 seperate from cPanel. I've been trying to figure this out for the past week and it is really frustrating. They need to figure out whatever keeps disabling the urchind (scheduler) and fix it so it won't do this.

3. sexy_guy

Well they may very well tell us that they dont support Urchin5 and that may be true but this shutting down business is not Urchin it Cpanel. Its doing something to interfere with the scheduler. Then there is cron, which you can run say every 2hrs to restart Urchin and this was working fine up until yesterday when i started getting all kinds of error on the restart including this one which i have never seen.

/bin/rm: cannot unlink `/usr/local/urchin4/var/urchind.pid': Permission denied <------
    Urchin webserver failed to stop
    Urchin scheduler failed to stop
    Urchin webserver is already running
    Urchin scheduler is already running

So i had to disable restarting Urchin via cron because of the top unlink error. So now im back to waiting for the scheduler having to be restarted manually.

We need some kind of cron setup from Cpanel to restart the scheduler every few hours without trashing our db's.

4. sexy_guy

** BUMP **