The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urchin on cPanel, cant see stats!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sh4ka, May 28, 2007.

1. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

I recently installed Urchin on a cPanel server (RHES 4), all sites got its profile added into Urchin database, but when I run urchin for 1 site manually, it freezes on 0% and processing... Logs files have 0644 as explained in google Urchin manual ...

Also, using IP:9999, and viewing the profiles and its stats show 0 stats generated, but going to www.site.com/cpanel, then to Webstats - Urchin, shows every day with graphs, everything is ok...

Does anyone know how to disable cpanel urchin access, and only use the IP:9999 access to manage and view all statistics... ¿?

Thank you in advance

2. sh4ka

sh4ka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Any ideas ?

Thanks.

3. Bruce

Bruce Well-Known Member

We are looking at installing Urchin in cpanel to.
    Have you got it to work right ?
    Any pointers would be appreaciated

Thanks

4. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

I tried Urchin several times over the past few years on Cpanel, but could never get it to work correctly. Maybe it was just me, but I found it to not work well on Cpanel for some reason. I stopped using it.

5. grayloon

grayloon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Anyone have any luck on this issue? I'm getting the same thing, and cPanel support won't touch it.

6. MaraBlue

MaraBlue Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've seen cPanel tech support try to help out with 3rd party issues, but it's not really their responsibility. I would imagine the have their hands full supporting their own code :)

Maybe this might help: http://www.google.com/support/urchin45/bin/topic.py?topic=7362

Sad that Google bought Urchin, yet they don't support it unless you pay for a support contract.

http://www.google.com/analytics/support_overview.html
    Oh, and this link gets even better. This is the "click here" link from the above quote. So someone who has a "basic or advanced support contract" gets this kind of message:

https://secure.urchin.com/support_information.html

Google never has been able to get the meaning of the word "support." If one of those links doesn't lead you to the answer you need (the first link to the FAQ looked good), try your upstream / hosting provider. Tell 'um Google sent you :)