The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urchin

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Emrys, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Emrys

Emrys Member

I've asked this before, and I 've seen other people asking about it...

How the hell do we get Urchin working under cpanel. We have noticed that under the "default" skin there is an option to use it, but it only brings up blank data. We have a license, and would like to make use of it, but I cannot figure out how to get into any configuration screens.

I've found the urchin.html, but all that does is make reference to some sort of cpanel call, with CGI.

If somebody could explain what this does :

Any ideas on this?

Thanks

2. orca

orca Well-Known Member

Well, you need to get a urchin license yourself. Cpanel will detect the Urchin install and then it will work. Else ask someone at Cpanel and they will install it for you.

3. Emrys

Emrys Member

We already have a license from a previous server that we no longer have. I am looking for a way to install that license onto the new server. It seems that URCHIN is already installed, and I can actually get to it from accounts setup with the "default" cpanel skin. Although there is no data, because, I assume, it isn't registered.

The problem is, where do I get an URCHIN control panel to install the license? I can't seem to find any sort of control panel for URCHIN. I've looked around at the files on the server, but there isn't any place that I can see to enter the license information.

We have the license, and it seems we have the install. Just can't get it to output relevant data.

4. DaveUsedToWorkHere

DaveUsedToWorkHere Well-Known Member

You will need to make some changes to get Urchin working properly. As follows:

Inside cpanel WHM tweak settings, half way down there is an option to:
    Chmod value for raw apache log files (0640 is the default):
    change that to 644.
    Then login as root and type...
    cd /usr/local/apache/domlogs/
    chmod 644 ./*
    now try to run your reports...
    Any reports that are still chmodded to 640 will then be switched to 644
    and then consequent log updates will remain at 644.