The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent apache mess up

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by mich181189, May 19, 2006.

1. mich181189

mich181189 Member

Hi, I tried to enable phpsuexec with php 5.1.4 and it produces a 500 error and error log messages consistant with incorrect permissions, but the permissions are correct. I tried resolving this by reseting the apache config, which had the effect of now meaning it throws up errors such as
    repeatedly when I start it. Please help!

I'm seriously starting to think that apache and php are getting buggier and buggier on cPanel. Every time I ahve reset the config over the past few months, I have had a different problem. Also, last time I built PHP, it didnt even create the apache module! it started to, then stopped!

wait a sec, it has happened again! hmm..

#1 mich181189, May 19, 2006
    Last edited: May 19, 2006
  2. shykoty

shykoty Member

u have to chmod 755 the script as well as add a dditional tag for php path at he start of the script

#!/usr/bin/php

try this and see

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

That error means exactly what it says. You need to add a NameVirtualHost directive for that IP address immedieatly before it is used in any VirtualHost container.

As for 500 errors, as shykoty says, you need to check file and directory permissions and ownerships to find out what is wrong with them. Also check the apache error_log and suexec_log which will probably have more information.

These are configuration errors, not problems with apache or php or their implementation.

4. mich181189

mich181189 Member

Thanks, but the big problem was the php issue - it was caused by cpanel not compiling php. This occurs both in 5.1.2 and 5.1.4 I have decided not to implement phpsuexec right now, because the underlying issue is that cpanel's 5.1.4 install doesnt like my server. in case you're interested, the following is what I get when I try and finish off the easyapache build:

also, shouldn't cpanel really write the apache config correctly? Every time it has written it for me it has included a different error. (it once failed to enable the /cpanel and /whm redirects!)

#4 mich181189, May 20, 2006
    Last edited: May 20, 2006