The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent: Apache won´t compile - LoadModule

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by areha, Mar 3, 2006.

1. areha

areha Well-Known Member

I have run easyapache hundreds of times, and trying to get it to work. However, Apache fails all the time.

The error occured when I activated phpsuexec module, and it didn´t compile. So I reverted back to previus settings and have also tried failsafe. But nothing works. The only message I get is "Invalid command 'LoadModule', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration".

This is becase dso isn´t loaded, but I see that it is configured with Apache during easyapache.

Before, I only got Alias-issue that many people here in forum has had. Don´t know if this is a step forward or not, but ;)

I have submitted ticket also. But it is pretty urgent.. anyone know if there is a chance to get reply during 12 hours?

2. areha

areha Well-Known Member

An update: I worked half the nigth, and couldn´t find a solution. A Cpanel tech logged in at 5 in the nigth and I hoped he could fix and went to bed since I was out of power... But when I woke up at 9, the Apache server was still down and no progress due to some sort of random error messages at compile time (I got the same error each time I tried, so I´m not sure how this was done).

So I was on my own with the problem and customers calling me and asking when it would be fixed.. Finally, at 12, I had downloaded completely fresh Apache source into another dir from apache.org and a fresh 5.12 php package and managed to compile it together and all sites came back online again after some tweaking of http.conf! However, I can´t use the cpanel compile feature (it breaks at compile time and starts complain about the aliases in httpd.conf and that modules support isn´t there) and I do not have some modules up like mod_rewrite and a lot of PHP features. But better to have all customer sites up and some features missing than entire server down..

I have to say that I was a bit disapointed over the support I have gotten so far. Normally, Cpanel support has solved the issues I have had very fast (within 24 hours). Hopefully, I will get help to sort it out soon..

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

The cPanel don't provide technical support, unless the issue in hand can't be solved through the channels specified in their Web site. You can also seek paid service, if you can't sort things out on your own. The cPanel/WHM comes with its own customized Apache and related applications. Since you installed Apache and other applications manually, I am afraid your server is a complete mess. Since you made these modifications by hand, requests for technical support from the cPanel engineers might be null and void.

4. mich181189

mich181189 Member

I believe there might be a problem with the actual cPanel php install script, as it did the same for mee too, it did not copy the files over from the build dir to the apache dir

5. areha

areha Well-Known Member

Ok, the tip on reinstalling SSL solved it within 10 minutes... Had I only known that 14 hours ago ;)

I would not mind to pay someone to fix it at all, the problem is to get in touch with such personell that you can trust enough and that knows cpanel. There is a close line between my own and cpanel errors (sometimes difficult to know the responsibility), so you do not always know. So I can understand hesitation to help me. But I have gotten used to beeing helped at a high level from cpanel before 3-4 times during the years, and probably have been a bit spoiled ;) That is also why I recomend them to other people.

I did the manual thing only because they seemed to have given up. I got the error after a normal upgrade and it has been working fine until I upgraded php from whm. From the same reason, I suspected the error to be related to the software and not the server. They say the error has been due to manual ssl that has failed, but I can recall I have ever done that..

But now I´m happy with the solution. Thanks to Cpanel!