The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent DNS problem - cPanel | whm

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by keith@dito.ca, Mar 29, 2006.

1. keith@dito.ca

keith@dito.ca Member

I am new to the cPanel world and have just commisioned a new server running Fedora 4 with cPanel and fantastico. I want this server to be an e-mail server (mostly for POP accounts) and a DNS server. I would like most of the zones to be secondary, and slave to another server, in this case to a windows 2003 server. I find the windows DNS interface to be quite usefull and makes managing DNS zones very easy and trouble free.

I am hoping that I will be able to add/modify DNS slave records using cPanel. (Note: I have added slave zones manually by using this thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread....ight=DNS+slave and found that works, but has increased overhead of manual editing, and also increased likelyhood of crashing named with a syntax error.)

I would also hope that I will be able to create new sites, specifically for e-mail without the DNS having to be active in the cPanel system, since the manual slave records do not appear in the cPanel DNS admin...

Thanx in Advance!

Keith Waldron

2. budway

budway Well-Known Member

You should post this at bugzilla.cpanel.net

3. keith@dito.ca

keith@dito.ca Member

post at bugzilla = not possible until feature is developed?

Just curious... strange, I mean how can such a seemingly straight forward opperation such as setting up a slave, or stub zone not be included in such a detailed package... Baffling to me...