The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent help needed :(

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by abhayshah, Oct 31, 2004.

1. abhayshah

abhayshah Registered

I want to reset my account. My hosting provider is www.lifetimewebhosting.com and they are not helping me out. my file manager is not working, my ftp is not working like ftp.domainname.com then also my webmail is not working. I need cpanel or someone to reset my account. also i got cpanel 6 and its really old version for cpanel. i dont have cpanel X. please please help me out asap. bye.

2. dave9000

dave9000 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    simply put we can not help you

you will have to either get your hosting provider to take care of it or change providers

3. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

This is not a support board for end users, it is for administrators running CPanel really. You should contact your host and if they don't respond I recommend picking one of the many good hosts that are commonly on these boards. There is NOTHING that Cpanel or any of the community members here can do to help your situation at your current host unfortunately.

4. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

"not helping me out"
    cpanel6

I'd definitely find a new host.

Some of the problems are likely because cpanel6 is outdated.

5. PWSowner

Actually, 6 months ago cpanel decided to add the "New Users" forum because they said this forum is also for end users. The New Users title doesn't mean new admins, they actually mean new cpanel users.

6. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Mean't to say that it isn't for end users that need help with their accounts. For learning purposes that section was put there. You can see countless threads where questions have been answered by lots of us including us, but for the host specific threads like this one there is nothing that can be done. Doesn't help any of us for all of the crossposting it has led to though.

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=31466

7. PWSowner

Newcomers posting a question more than once, and asking questions that only their hosting provider can answer, are 2 frequent problems here now.

In this case, his (her) provider isn't helping so he posted here hoping we can help, but as a few of us said, the only way we can help is by offering hosting with better support.

8. abhayshah

abhayshah Registered

9. PWSowner

I don't know about your hosting provider exactly, but what's been happening the last couple years is, servers have rapidly been getting cheaper which has caused many people who know nothing about running a server to go into the hosting business. They think it's a get rich quick thing, then when a customer has a question they can't answer, they give some kind of excuse for not answering and make them look elsewhere for the answer.

As a guide for picking a more reliable host, I suggest checking out the websites of the main posters here, the ones who post answers, not questions. Check their signatures or their home page links. Many of us are in the hosting business.

If someone takes time to help others here, they will surely take time to help their own customers.