The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent help needed.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zaggs, Dec 5, 2004.

1. zaggs

zaggs Member

Hi Guys,
    I need to create a script to allow me to park multiple domains on one account. I know that you can do this from the admin in cPanel, but I need to automate the process for my users. Is there any script that are available that do this, or any tutorials of this type..

Thanks in advance..

2. hostmedic

hostmedic Well-Known Member

Washington Court House, Ohio, United States
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Dont Know if possible but Keep this in mind

I have been looking for this also -
    I have asked a few times in the past and have been told - its not made - or not possible from Cpanel. (everything is possible - its just finding the way... )

When you do find the way - or if you park each using the Control panel --- Keep SEO in mind...

When a website has tons of domains - the search engines (when they pick up on this) may consider you to be spamming them - trying to trick them --- and thus drop you from their registries completely...

There is a solution however --- hope this helps you if and when someone does create this script...

use server control methods to automatically redirect all requests for pages in the duplicate domains to the URL in your primary domain name. The server must return a "301 Moved Permanently" result code in order for the search engines to properly assign the link popularity and to update their internal records of the page's true URL and to stave off any penalties.

Websites running on hosts that use the Apache server software (like Cpanel) have it easier in this regard because they can control this problem on their own using the .htaccess control file. Just create a simple text file named ".htaccess" with no filename extension, and insert the following command:

RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www.?)yourduplicatesite.com$
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.yourmainsite.com/$1 [R=301,L]

Simply replace "yourmainsite.com" in the above code with your primary website's domain name and "duplicatesite.com" with the name of your duplicate domain.

-- Not to forget those Windows Users:

This is possible also on the Microsoft IIS Server - however the system admin will need to make sure the server returns the redirecting result code #301 or everything will be for naught.

3. d.shak

d.shak Registered

#3 d.shak, Apr 30, 2007
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2007