The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent help please!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by virtualreality, Mar 2, 2010.

1. virtualreality

virtualreality Well-Known Member

After the WHM/cPanel upgrade to cPanel 11.25.0-S43473 - WHM 11.25.0 - X 3.9, I think I also need to update the EasyApache that has not been updated since July 2009. Just now I have finished the EasyApache update to Easy::Apache v3.2.0 Build 5015 (All the processes look fine and smooth), but now what I get to see from all sites' homepages are:

"Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /index.php on this server."

Webpages are nearly empty with the exception of the above warning.

Today's EasyApache has been compiled with:

Apache 2.2
    PHP 5.2.12
    Frontpage (Enabled)
    Mod SuPHP (OFF) (my WHM/cPanel hosts my own sites only)
    Mod Security (Enabled, using the default one as that shown in WHM)
    EAccelerator (v0.9.6) for PHP (OFF)
    IonCube Loader for PHP (Enabled)
    Tomcat (OFF)
    Mod Mono (.Net 1.x) (OFF)
    Mod Mono (.Net 2.x) (OFF)
    Mod Perl (Enabled)
    Mod Security (Enabled)
    Suhosin for PHP (OFF)
    SourceGuardian Loader for PHP (OFF)
    Zend Optimizer for PHP (Enabled)
    Mod FCGID (Enabled)
    Mod SuPHP (OFF)
    MPM Prefork (Enabled)
    Proxy (OFF)
    CGI (Enabled)
    Curl (Enabled)
    CurlSSL (Enabled)
    Curlwrappers (Enabled)
    Dbase (Enabled)
    Fastcgi (Enabled)
    Sockets (First time to use in today's EasyApache compiling) and the following options (Enabled)
    Save my profile with appropriate PHP 5 options set so that it is compatible with cpphp (Enabled)

(After the EasyApache made today, now the PHP and SuExec Configuration is as the following)

Default PHP Version (.php files) 5
    PHP 5 Handler fcgi
    PHP 4 Handler none

Apache suEXEC on

[Before today, I used Su_Php, Mod_Su. The PHP 5 Handler was either DSO or Su_Php (something like this but the handler's name may be not exactly this). I've changed to PHP 5 Handler fcgi as I've read a forum post here saying this handler is faster of all for a limited-size VPS box]

What could be the most likely problem(s) for all sites that can not open normal webpages??? The PHP 5.2.12 version has bugs and clashes with the scripts on my sites? Before today, I used PHP stable release 5.2.9 and it was never failing my sites.

Any help please!

Thank you a lot!

Dave

PS: this is the first time that webpages can not show since I've used EasyApache compiling five years ago. Usually after EasyApache compiled successfully, all webpages can show as normally. Today's EasyApache compiling looks fine and smooth, but all webpages can not show. Why? Is it Apache suEXEC on or other wrong automatic settings that is causing this? All the WHM/cPanel and all several sites are for me only. I don't need Apache suEXEC ?

Helps and guides are highly expected and appreciated!

#1 virtualreality, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. ChrisRHS

ChrisRHS Well-Known Member

Hello there,

Does the error log for Apache give any more information?

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Please make sure that you have assigned the appropriate permission to the files and folders to access the site and also make sure that index.php is added in the DirectoryIndex list of you httpd.conf file.

4. virtualreality

index.php (permission: 644) is already added in the DirectoryIndex list of the httpd.conf file as always, and all the file/folder permissions remain the same correct as before when they were correct.

However, as I have checked the Apache logs, there are some repeated shows as below:

[01-Mar-2010 21:00:31] PHP Fatal error: Out of memory (allocated 2621440) (tried to allocate 35 bytes) in /home/mycpanelid/public_html/language/english/categories_array.php on line 2

[26-Jan-2010 23:04:59] PHP Warning: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression' in /home/mycpanelid/public_html/global_header.php on line 5

I'm going to try a correction for between ob_gzhandler and zlib output compression.

Before proceeding, still I want to know exactly for a limited-size VPS, which is better specifically, ob_gzhandler and zlib output compression?

Again, thank you very much!

#4 virtualreality, Mar 2, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  5. virtualreality

After deleting the conflicting zlib output compression and restarting Apache, the problem still exists------the problem is BIG: all websites show nothing, as they are all down.

Do I need to recompile EasyApache again with some old stable PHP version??

Any more help is highly expected and appreciated!!!

6. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Help should not be "expected" via the forums. The forums are not official support. I've always had great results when i submitted a ticket for support :) I think you should consider doing the same.

Good luck with your current situation.

Mike

7. virtualreality

Thanks mtindor!

Are there any cPanel support team working this evening now? All sites look like down. Never seeing this EasyApache situation before.

8. virtualreality

Recomplied EasyApache, with PHP 5.2.13 (php.org word: PHP 5.2.13 is the Stable Version of PHP 5.2 series), and with turn-on of some 'stable' features and turn-off of some 'unstable' features.

However, the problem still exists, as mentioned above.

Confused about the EasyApache compiles yesterday and this early morning. I had done more than 10 times of EasyApache compiles in the past several years, and I never had met with such thing that EasyApache compiling can put down my sites. Yesterday and this morning, all those selections for EasyApache compiles are those things I have used several times before---the same selections never failed my sites, after EasyApache compiles.

Look for any more clues and help!

Thanks!

9. hostvn

hostvn Member
    PartnerNOC

I had this issue few months ago with fastcgi (suPHP is OK). I did :
    rpm rebuild
    force update WHM/cPanel latest release version
    remove all package source in /home/cpeasyapache
    and recomplie apache (easyapache)

Hope this help.

10. virtualreality

Thanks hostvn for help!

Which rpm needs rebuilding?

I use WHM/cPanel Stable and the WHM/cPanel Stable is the newest update already.

Will removing all package source in /home/cpeasyapache hurt some other applications?

Usually, where and how to set permissions for fastcgi application?

I have looked around almost all places and all permissions show correct as usual---I have never changed any permission---Is the EasyApache compiling has changed some permissions automatically???

Is it simply the emergent recovery way just recompiling EasyApache with suPHP and not with fcgi so as to get all sites back, with less speed as what fcgi offers and with more security as what suPHP offers that I do not need (I do not sell hosting to other people)?

PS: I've got to know fastcgi is faster than suPHP and almost the same secure as suPHP (the server only hosts all several sites of my own and no one else so look like I don't need suPHP), but fastcgi has the permission issues with my server/scripts settings.

11. hostvn

hostvn Member
    PartnerNOC

@virtualreality: Leave RPM rebuild.
    Remove /home/cpeasyapache doesnt effect anything to user.
    When i got that issue, i tried many times to find out about permision, but i didnt find out anything.
    Did you try to force update cPanel and recomplie apache ?

FastCGI faster than suPHP, it's right. But if you still have issue with fastCGI, you should use suPHP or mod_php and use APC.